The Hope Quotient by Ray Johnston is set up to help you measure and recharge your level of hope. The author explores seven factors to help you with this task. These factors are;
1. Recharge Your Batteries
2. Raise Your Expectations
3. Refocus on the Future
4. Play to your Strengths
5. Refuse to go it Alone
6. Replace Burnout with Balance
7. Play Great Defense
At first I really had a difficult time getting into this book. The writing was a little choppy for me, and I read this at an extremely stressful time. Because it was a stressful time I think that may have contributed to my difficulty getting through it. This book really hit home in some areas. I ended up really liking the book and I am glad I read it. I will need to go back and read it again soon, because there were many things I took note of (in a good way) that I need to go back over and study.
One are I really gleaned a lot from was the area of recharging your batteries. Within this section it talks about taking note of what drains you. As I mentioned, when I read this is was a stressful time, so it was good for me to take note of what was draining me, and assess how I could change that constant drain. A few of the things it had me look at was;
- Unhealthy people
- Unkind Critics
- Unbalanced Schedule
- Unnecessary Guilt
- Underestimating the impact of exposure
It was helpful to examine these area’s in my life. Some of the things that are a drain on me are unavoidable. So then it is time for me to find a way to make those things more enjoyable. I can’t get rid of them, so what ways can God use me in those things? Some things like an unbalanced schedule are easier fixes, but need to be acknowledged in order to fix them. There are many other examples I could give of things I gleaned from this book, but I will let you pick up a copy and glean for yourself.
You can pick up a copy at your local Christian book stores and from http://www.thomasnelson.com/the-hope-quotient
*I was given this book in exchange for my honest review. The thoughts expressed here are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment