
The (Desperate) Diva Diaries by Angie Spady is a book very similar to Dork Diaries. If your a believer and your daughter likes Dork Diaries you will be thrilled to have this as a replacement book. It is written in diary format which the kids love. It has the same over emotional tween girl flair, with a positive spin. Books like this typically encourage braty thoughts towards parents and siblings, but in this book you hear her thoughts as she is led by the Lord to be patient with her younger brother and respectful to her parents. As a mom of a tween girl I am thrilled to have this as a replacement for other books of it’s kind.
What did my tween girl think? Let’s find out.
Hailey age 11 says, “I give this book a five star rating. It was so amazing I couldn’t put it down. I loved that it talked all about fashion designing and that the main character had confidence in her designs even though there were mean girls who made fun of her. She helped the mean girls change and they became best friends. I liked that since there are some mean girls out there. I like that she never gave up her dream. I like that she started being nice to her little brother, some of the scriptures will help me be nicer to my little brothers. She had a best friend who was cool and stood up for her. It’s good to have a friend to help you through problems and who will tell you the truth even when it hurts. If you are a girl my age I think you would love this book. I really hope my mom buys me the entire series.”
So there you have it. This book is worth having for young girls. You can purchase this book at http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/a/angie-spady/
* I was given this book in exchange for my review. The views posted here are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment