
Wine and the Word is a book written by Kurt Senske. Through this book Senske makes a connection between the vineyard and Christian living. The grapevine is mentioned in the Bible 205 times. References to wine or the vine are somewhere in the number of 521 times. Because the vineyard seems to hold great significance in the scriptures Senske set out to help us understand how to apply it to our lives.
Wine in the Word covers many topics such as family life, generosity, spiritual healing, and much more. Because the book covers such a wide variety of topics this book could easily be used as a daily devotional. The chapters are short and easy to read. Although the chapters are short they are full of valuable thoughts and scripture.
If you have an interest in wine you will really enjoy this book, if you don’t you will learn a lot about wine and the process of making wine that you likely didn’t know. I don’t have a particular interest in wine and really wasn’t sure that I would care to read all about it. However, I found the practical connection between the process of wine making and our day to day walk with the Lord easy to understand, enjoyable, and relevant. I could see this book being used in a small group setting.
Overall I did like this book.
You can find out more about the author and this book at www.kurtsenske.com
I was given a copy of this book for free to review. I was not given money in exchange for this book. All of the thoughts expressed in this review are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment