Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kid Friendly Friday


Welcome to Kid Friendly Friday where we share anything that other parents might find interesting or useful. Use a post that you did today or one from last year. You can link up with Mcklinky at the bottom of this post. Or you can just read and enjoy.




Bath Tub Fun


This winter has kept us pretty much house bound other that appointments, shopping and church. My kids can get wild after not being able to run around. I do my best to provide activities for them and to keep them entertained but sometimes I just want to read a magazine or break out that book I have sitting on the shelf. Well, I have one mommy trick I thought I would share with you today. PUT THE KID(s) IN THE BATH! Most kids love baths and there are so many fun things they can do in there. Even my one year old loves a good bath. So on those days when I can't entertain any longer I just run a bubble bath, put the boys in and let them play. During that time I can sit in the floor and read a book or a magazine. (make sure to always stay in the bathroom with younger children) This would also be a good time to bring out some of those bath toys that may be a bit messy and let them go to town.
Here are a few links to some things they can do during this extra bath time.

*Soap Painting
*Pretend Shaving
*Beep Beep! Stickers For The Tub
*Bath Tub Toys at Amazon
*Tub fun for tightwads

6 comments:

sunnymama said...

Yours is a fantastic kid friendly tip! Baths always work for easy entertainment here too. My kid friendly link this week is an activity we did in the bath although we've also done it in the garden in summer.

Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

yes, cool fun!
with plenty of towels on the floor to catch the splashes so no one slips. :)

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

Sophie has a xylophone that floats in the water. She loves banging on it! We too go into the bath to go "swimming" in the afternoon if we need something to do.

Counting Coconuts said...

Ah yes, the bath IS a sanity-saver, isn't it?! I've never tried it during the day though... thanks for the idea! I think it's time for a bath right now, now that I think of it! ;)

Laura said...

Hi Angela -

Love the bath idea! This Mommy must loosen up and try some of those fun things!

Yes, I'd love to contribute to your Praying for Your Family blog. You just let me know what you have in mind and I'll do it!

E-mail me through blogger and let me know.

Blessings!
Laura

Janna said...

I'll try to link up this week or next. I just started a meme called Feed Me Books Friday which should work perfectly with Kid Friendly Friday:)

I'm following and I love all the activities!