Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kid Friendly Friday

KFF

Welcome to Kid Friendly Friday where we share anything that other parents might find interesting or useful. Use a post that you did today, or one from last year. You can link up with Mcklinky at the bottom of this post. If you link up please be courteous and link back here somewhere in your post. Or you can just read and enjoy.


When Christopher decided he wanted to have a Super Why birthday party, I knew I wanted each child to have a cape. I mean what kid doesn't like a good cape? Well, I went out with my mom to find some fabric to make them with but could not find any. That's when my mom came up with a brilliant idea of how to make them.



All you need is a vinyl table cloth, some acrylic paint, paint brushes, and scissors.

Step 1
Unfold the table cloth. It will already be creased into three sections. Cut along those lines to make three big strips.

Step 2
Cut the strips into small cape size rectangles. Make sure to cut them a little bit longer than you want them so that you can cut the strings.

Step 3
Cut 2 inch strips on either side of the cape, creating strings that can be ties or Velcro.

Step 4
Paint the desired emblem on the cape and let dry.

Wala, you have cheap and easy Super Hero capes.

4 comments:

sunnymama said...

That's a great idea! Wouldn't mind a super hero cape myself. ;) Hope you have a good weekend. :)

StephF said...

Great idea! What kid doesn't love a cape?!?!

jennifer lafollette said...

Great idea! I am sure the kids enjoyed the party!

Thanks for hosting the linkup--participating today from the RefrigeratorArtist.com blog!

silly eagle books said...

Just found your blog and am joining in on the fun!