Friday, February 26, 2010

Kid Friendly Friday

KFF

Welcome to Kid Friendly Friday where we share anything that other parents might find interesting or useful. Use a post that you did today, or one from last year. You can link up with Mcklinky at the bottom of this post. If you link up please be courteous and link back here somewhere in your post. Or you can just read and enjoy.

Park Days




The park is a staple place that most parents take their children. We let them run, play, and just be plain silly. I can still remember going to the park as a child. I was talking with a friend about the park the other day and she made a comment that got me thinking. "We don't go to the park because we have a back yard. All the park does is give the kids a place to run around." Yep, that's what she said. It got me thinking about the benefits of the park. I was surprised at everything I thought of.

* Social interaction.
* Fine Motor Skills.
* Exercise.
* Exposure to try new things.
* Muscle Building.
* Multi Sensory Integration.
* Balancing Skills.

Those are just a few of the really great things that can be done at a park. I also got to thinking about the different parks in my town and the different things they had to offer. Each on is different. I think as parents we often see the park as a place for us to get a break and let the kids run. That is great, but it can be so much more. Do you know what parks are in your town? If not find out. Take your child to a different one once and awhile and expose them to new park activities. Kind of simple, I know, but that's what has been on my mind.

Powered by MckLinky

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links...

2 comments:

care-in said...

We love trying out new parks...we don't have a backyard so it's a favorite place for us!

Anonymous said...

health practicesin mongolia [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/viagra-jelly.htm]viagra jelly[/url] sodium and high blood pressure http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/pravachol.htm
quit smoking ohio [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/diabecon.htm]diabecon[/url] from withdrawl zoloft [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/mujeres-mejoramiento.htm ]good life pharmacy [/url] strip drug test
traveling tea party [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/hoodia-weight-loss-gum.htm]hoodia weight loss gum[/url] retirement loss and depression http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/terramycin.htm
tea dyed quilts [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/himcolin.htm]himcolin[/url] microarrays in breast diagnosis and prognosis [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/pletal.htm ]bodybuilding kampfsport [/url] solo medical practice