Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Morning Board

I have seen so many of these floating around the blogs, and I just knew I had to have one for our school. I will make a confession, we do not use it daily, but we do our best.

P1013735

This board sits perfectly on the kitchen table. The items on the board are attached with  Sticky putty, that way they can easily be removed and replaced with something else.

P1013736

Left Panel: On this panel we have our “Today is the --- Days of school chart”, Today’s Temp chart, & the 100 Days of School chart. There is a blank spot at the top of this panel where we are going to add a monthly calendar.

P1013737

Middle: In the top left corner I have three rings that I use to attach Page protectors. This allows me to put several things in one spot and flip them as we get to that thing. The page protectors are currently holding our Weekly memory Verse, and Skip counting charts. The right corner is where i have changeable theme pages such as, Letter of The Week, or Science and History Themes. At the bottom I have the Pledges. This has been a great thing to to with the children. As with every section on the board there is room to add more things as needed.

P1013738

Right Flap: At the top you will find our daily Heart Report. We read and talk about this everyday. In the middle we have our What’s the Weather chart, and our Color of the day chat. We hold the cards for these in the blue and green envelopes. At the bottom we currently have a Vowels chart. This spot is reserved for whatever we are working with Christopher on.

There are so many great Morning boards out there, I consider this to be a great asset to our Homeschool. I printed most of my morning board items from these two great sites. 1+1+1=1, Homeschool Creations

No comments: