Sunday, March 13, 2011

Autism Awareness

autism-awareness-poster

April is Autism awareness month.

Autism Awareness Month provides an opportunity for families, friends, and local communities to raise public awareness about autism. It is sponsored by the Autism Society of America (ASA).

Autism effects 1 in every 150 children, my Son, (and probably my daughter) is one of them. Since his diagnoses nearly 2 months ago, I have immersed myself in all things Autism related. There are so many great resources out there. I hope to one day be a great resource in my area for mother’s of children with Autism.

In support of Autism awareness month, I will be hosting a blog carnival to raise awareness, and provide resources and support to those who read and participate. Every Monday for the next couple of weeks, and through the month of April, I will be posting about Autism. My posts will include resources, personal stories, and inspiration. I will include a linky at the bottom of each post, where you can link up if you have something to share on the subject of Autism. 

Rules:

  • Only link to posts about Autism
  • Posts can be old or new posts
  • Link to only the desired post
  • Please include a link back to this blog somewhere in your post

I look forward to reading all of the wonderful posts, and getting to know those who choose to participate.

To get things started I thought I would open a linky for you to link to if you are a blogger that blogs about Autism.



11 comments:

kathleen said...

Hi, Thanks for inviting me to participate. :)

Angell said...

I'm so glad you are doing this. God bless you!

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful idea. I would definitely like to participate. :)

Looking for Blue Sky said...

I'd love to join in but my child has asperger's, are you including that?

Angela said...

Yes, I am including anything under the Autism unbrella. My son has PDD-NOS

Andy's mom said...

Looking forward to reading your posts and some new blogs!

jazzygal said...

Hi there, I've just stumbled upon your blog. What a great idea! I've just linked in with a post that knd of gives an over all picure of our journey. thanks for the opportunity.

xx Jazzy

Kelsi said...

What a great opportunity to find some like minded bloggers to befriend! Thanks!!!!

Deedee said...

Hi, found this blog via Steph's Diary. Great idea! x

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I found your link through Apples and Autobots and just want to say what a great idea this is.

wendy said...

Hi lovely to meet you all its such a good idea.

I found you through Aspie In The Family's blog.