
When Christopher was first diagnosed with ASD, I was told I should put him on a Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet. We had already tried to do corn free with some success, but for some reason the thought of GF/CF really scared me. What in the would will we eat? Also at that time I didn’t know anyone personally that had benefited from the diet. YES, I want to do what I can to help my children, YES I am willing to give things a try, and YES, I do believe in dietary interventions. But for some reason I have stalled on this one.
Fast-forward to the past 2 months. I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people. One of these ladies is on the GF diet for her and her husband. She has seen great results, and said that there were things she didn’t even realize were wrong that were fixed by the diet. She suffers from migraines, and her husband has gut issues. She’s a believer based on their results. I also met another lady who went Gluten free just because she wanted to improve her own health, and she stated that she didn’t even know that her children were having some of the behavior problems they were having until they went GF. She said that it even helped with the sleep issues her daughter was having. Then a lady on a blog that I read went GF/CF for her sons Autism, and has seen results. I now have examples of success to follow.
So I talked it over with my husband, and we have decided to take a flying leap into the world of GF. I picked up a few cookbooks, and a friend has offered to teach me some things. We will officially start when we start school.
1 comment:
Good for you! I have book recommendations if you need them. I will warn you, after we saw such awesome results with Little Bean, we had about a week of regression, which scared the pants off of me. Since then, we have seen more improvement day by day, and have even put my dd, Miss O on the diet as well.
It's really not as hard as it seems, the hardest part for us, is A)the grocery bill has increased alot, and B)we really can't go out to eat without fear of cross contamination for the kids. But as far as having lots of choices, once you get to know the brands that are gluten free, you do alright.
We have since removed soy, berries and almonds from Little Bean's diet as well.
Post a Comment